Endovenous Laser Treatment (EVLT) eliminates varicose veins at the source – no more twisted, bulging veins that can cause discomfort and embarrassment. EVLT is a quick, minimally invasive laser procedure that generally leaves no scar and requires no downtime.
In the procedure, ultrasound is used to map out the vein. Then, a thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point where laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein. Published clinical studies show that EVLT has a 98% initial success rate with excellent long-term results. This procedure is covered by most insurance providers.
Benefits of Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins
- Immediate relief of symptoms after one treatment.
- No anesthesia, no surgery, no hospitalization.
- Treatment takes approximately one hour.
- There may be minor soreness and bruising. Most clients experience minimal to no scarring.
- Compression stockings are worn for just one week post-treatment.
- Normal activity can be resumed after the procedure. (No downtime!)
- Patients are encouraged to walk immediately after treatment.
Who Should Get Treatment for Varicose Veins?
Only a physician can evaluate and diagnose varicose veins. However, people who are prone to developing varicose veins may include those who…
- Sit at a desk for a long amount of time
- Have jobs that require standing for a long amount of time
- Women who develop varicose veins in pregnancy that do not resolve after giving birth
- Individuals with a family history of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) or varicose veins
Varicose veins are not a mere cosmetic issue, but the expression of chronic venous insufficiency, a progressive disease in which symptoms worsen if left untreated. Skin damage, venous stasis ulcers and painful swelling can result if treatment is not pursued. Because most insurance plans list varicose vein treatment as a necessary procedure, getting treatment is often affordable. With the EVLT approach, patients experience little to no bruising, swelling or scarring and are able to immediately return to their normal activities. Don’t delay getting the varicose vein treatment you need!
Schedule a Free Consultation for Treating Varicose Veins
If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please contact Valley Vein Center at 602-234-0004.